Intelli-Nip® Shoe Press
Recently PMP has put a great effort into developing the Intelli-Nip® Shoe Press. The technology included in the unit improves, in comparison to a conventional press, dewatering level of the paper web after press section. Despite higher energy consumption used in the drives, the press allows to decrease a steam consumption used for heating drying cylinders. As a result, the dryer section can be shorten.
It is also worth emphasizing, that Intelli-Nip® increases the paper machine runnability, because the paper web escaping the shoe press has higher dryness percentage and is more dense.
PMP Group offer includes two different shoe module sizes. The larger one has the outside diameter of 1500 mm and maximum width of 7000 mm. Configuration allows to use linear load in range from 700 to 1250 kN/m. The second shoe module has 1300 mm outside diameter and can be designed up to 5000 mm width.
PMP Intelli-Nip® Shoe Press benefits:
- saving steam in dryer section
- sheet dryness after presses – 5-10% higher than with conventional presses configuration
- possibility to shorten dryer section of new PMs and energy savings plus 15-30% capacity increase on modernized PMs
- improved paper machine runnability and fewer web breaks
- improved paper properties – bulk and stiffness